Push-pull-legs (PPL) is a muscle build training split that divides your muscles into groups, where each group is trained separately, on a different day. This 6 day push/pull/legs workout routine split is a high volume, workout system designed for advanced lifters looking to gain muscle and strength. This workout plan allows you to train each muscle twice a week. And doing that will help you build increase muscle mass and strength both.
In this training program, some weightlifting exercises are replaced by dumbbell and cable exercises to emphasize deeper muscles.Also, since some exercises are based on the pyramid system, the weights need to increase as the number of sets decreases.
When you’re training hard and heavy, your diet is just as important for muscle growth and recovery. So it’s important to have a solid meal plan.
- Eat high-quality protein with every meal
- Eat plenty of green vegetables with at least 3 of your meals
- Eat fruits with protein post-workout
- Eat complex carb sources, such as oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and whole grains throughout the day for energy
- Keep your calories high enough to give you energy and for muscle growth (you will burn a ton of calories with these types of workouts, especially if you do the 6-day push-pull legs routine)
Push workouts: chest, shoulders, and triceps
Pull workouts: back, biceps, wrist and forearm
Legs workouts: quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves
|Program Duration||4-8 Weeks|
|Routine Goal||Hypertrophy And Strength|
|Training Level||Intermediate to Advanced|
|Duration Per Session||60-90 Minutes|
|Frequency||6 Days per Week|
|Gender||Male and Female|
|Supplements||Protein, Amino acid, Creatine,|