The tire flip exercise is a strength training exercise that primarily targets the muscles of the back, legs, and core. The exercise involves flipping a large tire, often used in truck tires, from one end to the other.
How to do:
Here’s how to perform the tire flip exercise:
- Stand behind the tire with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend down and grasp the tire from the bottom with both hands.
- Drive your legs and hips forward to lift the tire off the ground, keeping your back straight and your head up.
- Use the strength of your legs and hips to push the tire over to the opposite side.
- Repeat the movement, flipping the tire back and forth, for the desired number of repetitions.
Personal Trainer Tips: It’s important to maintain proper form during the tire flip exercise to avoid injury. Use your legs and hips to generate the majority of the power for flipping the tire, and avoid rounding your back or hunching over.