Shoulderstand | Salamba Sarvangasana
How to do:
1. Lie on your back your legs extended and feet together. Place your arms beside your body with palms on the floor.
2. Press your palms into the floor and raise your legs up to 90 degrees
3. Lift your hips and lower back off the floor.
4. Bend your elbows and place your hand’s on your lower back.
5. Press your elbows and upper arms into the floor to support your body
6. Move your shoulder blades together and bring your elbows as close together as possible (without straining)
7. Walk your hands up your back to your Shoulder blades
8. Straighten you back and legs as much as possible (your knees however should NOT be locked)
9. Relax your neck and shoulders. Hold for 30 seconds to 3 minutes.
To come out of this pose lower your legs to a 45 degree angel over your head. Then place your palms on the floor and slowly roll your spine back down onto the floor.