How to do Side Arm Raise
- Stand with your arms at your sides.
- Keep your back and arms straight.
- Raise your arms to your sides at shoulder height.
- Exhale as you raise your arms, and inhale as you lower them.
- Return and repeat.
Side Arm Raise Benefits
- The side arm raise (lateral raise) is a shoulder strengthening movement designed to isolate the lateral head of the deltoid muscle. Also side arm raise is a kind of dynamic warm up. If you add this exercise to the beginning of your training program, it will warm up your shoulder muscles. It is especially effective for preventing injuries and preparing your body for training before shoulder training. If you want to take the movement to the next level and strengthen your shoulder muscles, you can do it with a dumbbell or resistance band.
Side Arm Raise / Muscles Worked
Target - Lateral Deltoid
Synergists - Supraspinatus
Synergists - Serratus Anterior
Synergists - Anterior Deltoid
Synergists - Trapezius