Overhead Cable Curl
How To do:
- Select a cable machine ensuring both hand grips are positioned up high.
- Select the appropriate weight for your required repetitions. Grasp both cable attachments and take up the slack, moving into the centre.
- Allow your arms to be out to the sides and in a raised position. (This is your starting position.)
- From this position bring about movement by flexing at your elbows.
- Continue to flex until your forearms and Biceps region make contact.
- At this point start to slowly reverse the movement back to your starting position.
- This is one repetition. Continue until necessary repetitions are completed.
Overhead Cable Curl Benefits
- The overhead cable curl is an isolation exercise for the biceps muscle. It’s a pulling action performed with a cable machine and is suitable for beginners.
- This position is designed to eliminate shoulder involvement and momentum, while targeting the biceps peak. It is a highly effective exercise for maximize the bicep peak. Additionally, you can use this movement to correct symmetry issues. (for example, if one bicep is bigger than another)
Overhead Cable Curl – Muscles Worked
Target - Biceps
Synergists - Brachialis
Synergists - Brachioradialis
Stabilizers - Wrist Flexors