How to do Kettlebell Hang Clean
To perform the Kettlebell Hang Clean, follow these steps:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and the kettlebell between your feet.
- Squat down and grab the kettlebell with both hands, using an overhand grip.
- Quickly pull the kettlebell up towards your chest by extending your hips and knees.
- As the kettlebell reaches chest level, rotate your elbows around the kettlebell, bringing it into the rack position.
- Hold the kettlebell in the rack position for a moment, then slowly lower it back to the starting position.
It is important to maintain proper form and control throughout the exercise to prevent injury and maximize the benefits.
Kettlebell Hang Clean – Benefits
- The Kettlebell Hang Clean is a compound strength training exercise that targets multiple muscle groups in the body. The movement involves lifting a kettlebell from the floor to the “rack” position on the front of your shoulder. The exercise targets multiple muscle groups including the legs, hips, back, shoulders, and arms.
- Some benefits of including the Kettlebell Hang Clean in your workout routine include increased power and explosiveness, improved cardiovascular fitness, increased upper body strength, and improved overall coordination and balance.
The Kettlebell Hang Clean is a complex exercise that requires proper technique and a significant amount of upper body, lower body, and core strength. Incorrect form can lead to injury, so it is important to learn proper technique from a certified instructor or coach. The exercise is commonly used in kettlebell training and can be incorporated into various workout routines for a full-body workout.