High Cable Single Arm Bicep Curl
The high cable single arm bicep curl is a variation of the bicep curl exercise that uses a cable machine to provide resistance. It is a unilateral exercise, meaning it targets one arm at a time, and primarily works the biceps muscle group in the upper arm.
How To do:
Here’s how to perform the high cable single arm bicep curl:
- Stand facing a cable machine with the handle attached to the highest pulley. Grab the handle with one hand and step back a few feet.
- With your arm fully extended and your palm facing up, curl the handle towards your shoulder by bending your elbow and contracting your biceps.
- Hold the peak contraction for a second, then slowly lower the handle back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for your desired number of reps, then switch arms and repeat.
High Cable Single Arm Bicep Curl – Benefits
- The high cable single arm bicep curl is an isolation exercise for the biceps muscle. It’s a pulling action performed with a cable machine and is suitable for beginners.
- This position is designed to eliminate shoulder involvement and momentum, while targeting the biceps peak. It is a highly effective exercise for maximize the bicep peak. Additionally, you can use this movement to correct symmetry issues. (for example, if one bicep is bigger than another)