Single Arm Cable Preacher Curl
The single arm cable preacher curl is a variation of the preacher curl exercise, which targets the biceps muscles, but with a focus on one arm at a time. As the name suggests, it involves performing the preacher curl exercise with one arm at a time using a cable machine with a preacher curl attachment.
How To do:
Here are the steps to perform the single arm cable preacher curl:
- Adjust the preacher curl attachment of the cable machine so that the seat and armrest are in a comfortable position for you.
- Choose the appropriate weight and attach a handle to the cable.
- Sit on the seat, and position your arm over the armrest with your elbow slightly bent and your hand holding the handle.
- Keeping your elbow stationary, curl the handle towards your shoulder, contracting your biceps muscle.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the handle back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions, then switch arms and perform the same movement with the other arm.
Single Arm Cable Preacher Curl – Benefits
1- Improved Muscle Imbalances: By focusing on one arm at a time, the single arm cable preacher curl can help identify and address any muscle imbalances between your left and right arms. This can help improve overall strength and prevent potential injuries.
2- Increased Muscle Activation: The cable machine provides constant tension on the biceps throughout the entire movement, which can lead to increased muscle activation and better muscle recruitment.
3- Greater Range of Motion: The cable machine allows for a greater range of motion, allowing you to achieve a greater stretch on the biceps muscles. This can lead to increased flexibility and a greater range of motion in your arms.
4- Variety: Incorporating the single arm cable preacher curl into your workout routine can add variety and challenge to your arm workout, which can help you break through plateaus and improve your overall fitness.
Overall, the single arm cable preacher curl is an effective exercise for targeting the biceps muscles and improving overall arm strength and stability. By incorporating this exercise into your workout routine, you can achieve greater muscle activation, improved range of motion, and better core stability.
Single Arm Cable Preacher Curl – Muscles Worked
The single arm cable preacher curl primarily targets the biceps muscles, specifically the brachialis muscle. This exercise can help to correct symmetry issues between your left and right arms, as well as increase muscle activation and provide a greater range of motion. The biceps brachii and brachioradialis muscles also act as synergists during the exercise, assisting in the movement, while the wrist flexors act as stabilizers.